We recently began focusing our search for our next RV on Class A motorhomes and quickly realized there’s a whole lot more to consider than gas vs diesel. While we’ve always enjoyed drooling over motorhomes at RV shows we never really got into the weeds until we really started shopping. It was then that we really started looking at the structure that keeps it all together…the chassis.
We see each RV manufacturer tout the chassis used in each model as if it’s part of the winning equation, but we what’s really important to us?
* Do we need the million mile capability of a diesel pusher chassis? Probably not.
* Is the extra cost worth the better fuel mileage? I doubt it.
* Is the extra power from the diesel pusher worth the extra cost? I think so.
* How about ride quality, reliability and safety? Yes, I think.
* Freightliner, Spartan, Ford, Cummins, Detroit, V10? Jeez, we’re not sure.
We had a lot of these questions and the more we searched the more questions we came up with. We’re leaning towards a diesel pusher for many reasons, but there’s still the question of chassis. A motorhome is a huge investment and don’t want to base our decision based solely on floor plan and color cabinets without understanding what makes it all tick.
So when we had the opportunity to speak with the folks over at Spartan Motors we jumped at it and I’m glad we did. They were super knowledgeable and it’s not everyday to have the chance to see these details up close and personal. They have us the grand tour, answered questions (lots of them) and even got some tips on what to look for in a used motorhome if we decide to go that route.
Checkout the below video to see some of what Spartan Motors has to offer.
And for more info visit http://www.spartanmotors.com/why-spartan/